Latifi won't return to F2 if F1 chance at Williams doesn't come his way

11:17, 24 Nov 2019
0 Comments
Nicholas Latifi has said he definitely won't return to race in F2 next year if he fails to secure a place on the 2019 grid. It's widely expected that the Canadian will replace Robert Kubica at Williams, but nothing has been confirmed.
For me, Formula 2, this was always going to be my last year," Latifi told Race Fans.
Coming into the season I knew it was gonna be my last year, good or bad. So I’m happy I had a good season. We just have to see for next year what will be the plan.”
The other alternative for Williams is to go for Renault driver Nico Hulkenberg who wasn't given a new deal and was replaced by Esteban Ocon for next season, although Latifi remains the front runner.
Williams has struggled once again this season, picking up just one point and are bottom of the constructors' championship.
ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t miss GPblog in Google

Mark us as a preferred source and our articles will appear more often at the top of Top Stories.

Add as a preferred / source on Google
loading
Read more about:
Dutch Grand Prix
Overview
Upcoming race
Friday 21.08.26
Practice 1
Fri 10:30 AM
Sprint Qualification
Fri 02:30 PM
Saturday 22.08.26
Sprint Race
Sat 10:00 AM
Qualification
Sat 02:00 PM
Sunday 23.08.26
Race
Sun 01:00 PM

Loading