Coming week final decision on continuing Grand Prix of Singapore

31-05-2020 08:23
by GPblog.com
General
Coming week final decision on continuing Grand Prix of Singapore

It is still unclear whether the Singapore Grand Prix can go ahead this year, but a decision will be made next week. This was announced by Chan Chun Sing, Minister of Trade and Industry, on Saturday.

During a virtual press conference on the plans to support the economy of Singapore, Chan said that the promoter of the Singapore Grand Prix is currently in talks with Formula 1 or the weekend can continue: "Prior to that, as part of their contractual arrangements, they will have to have some studies done on what is doable and what is not doable."

Conversations in progress

It is not yet possible to say anything meaningful about whether or not the Grand Prix which is originally scheduled to take place from 18-20 September. "We will not be able to conclude at this point in time as to whether it is on because these are ongoing discussions", Chan said.

The organization of the GP of Singapore indicated earlier that it is not possible to organize a race without an audience. This is probably not feasible from a cost point of view. According to the aforementioned medium, preparations are now being made to be able to continue the Grand Prix with spectators. It is unknown how Liberty Media feels about this.

Check out the latest news

You will be logged out and redirected to the homepage