Sophia Floersch appreciates support from the F1 world

15:05, 24 Dec 2018
0 Comments
Formula 3 driver Sophia Floersch confirms she picked up well wishes from Formula 1 teams and drivers following her crash which damaged her spine. Since then, the 18-year-old vowed to return to racing and hopes to one day lift the Formula 1 World Championship trophy.
Immediately after the crash, the video went viral, and the motorsport world began to worry about her health. During her recovery, she was given support from fans and F1 drivers. In an interview with the BBC, she confirms they helped her along.
"The video of the crash went viral because it was so spectacular. I even received text messages from Formula 1 teams and also a few drivers sent me something," Floersch said.
"They were Nico Hülkenberg and former world champions Fernando Alonso and Nico Rosberg," she said. That she is still there and in relatively good health, apart from a few broken dorsal vertebrae but no nerve damage, strengthens her in achieving her goals as soon as she is recovered. It is probably a miracle that I live, but also the reason why I am happy."

Don’t miss GPblog in Google

Mark us as a preferred source and our articles will appear more often at the top of Top Stories.

Add as a preferred / source on Google
loading
Read more about:
Dutch Grand Prix
Overview
Upcoming race
Friday 21.08.26
Practice 1
Fri 10:30 AM
Sprint Qualification
Fri 02:30 PM
Saturday 22.08.26
Sprint Race
Sat 10:00 AM
Qualification
Sat 02:00 PM
Sunday 23.08.26
Race
Sun 01:00 PM

Loading