Rumour: Hulkenberg set for move to IndyCar ahead of 2020 season

07-11-2019 08:10
by Matt Gretton
Rumors
Rumour: Hulkenberg set for move to IndyCar ahead of 2020 season

According to Auto Motor und Sport, Nico Hulkenberg is making a move IndyCar for the 2020 season. The German driver has been ousted from his Renault seat in favour of Esteban Ocon. Hulkenberg is said to be driving with Ed Carpenter Racing. 

Earlier in the week, reports suggest that Hulkenberg would be moving to DTM with an announcement to be made on Tuesday (November, 5). That of course never happened but the German himself labelled it as fake news before. A possible move to Formula E has also been discussed. 

According to the German medium, it seems for the time being that 32-year-old Hulkenberg is going to move to the United States. Earlier, he himself said that racing on oval circuits is not really attractive. The Hulk also spoke about an interim year as an option.

However, AMuS reports that in 2020 it would only race in the street circuits and race circuits in Indycar 2020.

This is a message from the LIVE Rumors page. You can vote for the reliability of the message yourself!

8% 92%

Check out the latest news

You will be logged out and redirected to the homepage