F1 News

Peace signed after boycott: 'Let's forget all that'

Peace signed after boycott: 'Let's forget all that'

10-11-2022 18:22 Last update: 20:00
56 Comments

GPblog.com

Max Verstappen is a man of principles. If he doesn't like something, he has no desire to talk to you. Last year, the crew of the Netflix series Drive to Survive experienced this, a fortnight ago in Mexico, so did Sky Sports journalists.

Verstappen was very annoyed by suggestive comments from the channel, particularly pit reporter Ted Kravitz, without mentioning him by name by the way. The world champion then said, "This whole year they have been disrespectful, certainly one person in particular. At some point it has been enough. Then I won't accept it anymore."

Putting an end to it

Verstappen and his entire Red Bull Racing team, including Sergio Perez and team boss Christian Horner did not give interviews to the channel in Mexico, including its German and Italian versions. The boycott is now over. Verstappen will talk to Sky again in Brazil. "Let's forget about it and we are moving forward. I'm looking forward to it," Verstappen told De Telegraaf.

Last Monday, Billy McGinty, the Formula One director of Sky Sports, visited the Red Bull factory in Milton Keynes. What exactly was discussed is unknown. De Telegraaf does not think there will be a public apology. The newspaper also suspects that there will be further discussions with people from Sky behind the scenes.