Latest update on McLaren paddock fire: 'four fire personnel were treated'

F1 News

fire in paddock at hospitality suite mclaren, little clear yet
22 June at 12:50
Last update 22 June at 11:30
  • Wouter Bos

There was a huge scare in the paddock just before FP3. A fire broke out at McLaren's Hospitality Suite around midday on Saturday, reported several sources on X. Since the incident took place, Sky Sports has revealed some more details about the incident. Luckily, everyone is ok, but four fire personnel were treated for smoke inhalation. 

Several images can be seen on X of fire personnel entering the suite with a stretcher. It is believed that the fire came from the floor, caused by faulty electrics according to Sky Sports. It seems that something went wrong in the kitchen of McLaren's suite resulting in a fire. The fire has now been put out. Images show a lot of smoke and ambulances were sent to the building in addition to firefighters.

Both McLaren drivers competed in FP3 without any issues. Lando Norris was involved in a controversial incident with Charles Leclerc, and both have had report to the stewards.

McLaren has released this team statement after the fire: "This morning we evacuated our Team Hub paddock hospitality unit following a fire alert, the team has been safely evacuated while the local fire brigade handle the issue."

Sky Sports F1 have since reported: "Four fire personnel from the circuit were treated for smoke inhalation, two taken to hospital and two released at the track."

See more here: